Campaign Nonviolence-Houston invites people all over the world to take 30 days to practice nonviolence and be a witness to ending war! We encourage you to engage the culture of violence and proclaim that we want NO MORE WAR. Use the power of social media to spread the message with #NoWarNovember. Just RSVP to the public event page on Facebook here to participate!
Some of the ways we are encouraging you to help end war is to do the following:
1. Meditate Monday: Take time each monday to cultivate inner peace and disarm the violence within, through the ancient practice of meditation. Have a “Sit-In With Yourself” and give yourself permission to be nonviolent to yourself. Begin the process of healing your war wounds.
2. Truthful Tuesday: Share on social media and in public dialogue the truth of peacemaking and nonviolence. Expose the lies that the empire promotes and proclaim the truth of peace, justice, compassion, and kinship.
3. Witness Wednesday: Every wednesday be a public witness to peace and nonviolence by openly showing your discontent for the military industrial complex, your dislike of police brutality, and show your support for just, creative, and persistant resistance of the peacemakers who are working for a culture of peace through nonviolence.
4. Thoughtful Thursday: A creative way of resisting war and violence, is to sow the seeds of kindness. Take time each Thursday to actively work to make your encounters with people more cordial. Make a conscious effort to be more kind, especially to those you do not normally get along well with. In the end, we are all in this together, so might as well be kind to each other.
5. Friday Fast: Every friday during #NoWarNovember we encourage you to “put your body on the line” by fasting (you decide what to fast from) so that you can experience in your body what the poor of the world are forced to go through, because of war and domination. We suggest that you fast from one or two animal products such as: Eggs, Meat, Cheese, or Milk…as well as drink only water.
6. Social Saturday: We encourage you to flood social media with the message of #NoWarNovember and promote the work of peacemakers all over the world. Also, in your typical saturday routine, we encourage you to incorporate some social time where you can get together and talk about how to end war through the methods of nonviolence. Maybe organize a social gathering at a home.
7. Service Sunday: Each Sunday we encourage you to get out and engage the culture of violence through humble service. Show the world that we care for one another and through compassionate service, we can create a circle of kinship where all are our family and no one is left out.
You are not required to do all 7 of these suggested things but we do encourage you to participate in Meditate Monday, Friday Fast and the Service Sunday, so that you experience at the same time a personal, physical, and communal understanding of peacemaking and how resistance is multi-faceted.
Please take lots of pics and videos! All pics and videos are asked to be posted all over social media sites, and be sure to use the hashtag #NoWarNovember
Thanks! Let’s #WagePeace and #PracticeNonviolence together!