Piero Falci of One Planet United commemorated the Campaign Nonviolence Week of Actions by organizing 27 events for the International Day of Peace in Coral Springs, FL. Their actions included:
1. Special Declaration for the International Day of Peace- Formality and done in the meeting of the commissioners- City of Coral Springs, FL- Sept 21st.
2. Partnering with United Way- Choose Peace- Stop Violence- One Planet United
3. Peace Tree in Library where people are invited to write a message of peace and attach to trees
4. Peace Tree in Schools (23 actions here with different schools involved in Broward County, Florida schools). Peace Tree in Schools- where students are invited to write a message of peace and attach to trees, discussion on peace and Syria, and through art teachers and students paint stones that represent generosity, understanding, kindness, patience.
5. Five different high schools committed to nonviolent actions.
6. Eight different middle schools committed to nonviolent action.
7. Ten different elementary schools committed to nonviolent action
8. International Day of Peace- A Celebration- Sept. 21- The program consists of students and leaders in the community at a Peace Garden. There will be a peace walk, a Choir that sings, a Peace Breakfast with youth, and the laying of peace bricks made by students. These bricks will have quotes and will be substituted with some of the bricks on the walking path to speak of generosity, understanding, kindness, and patience.
Additionally, the Mayor of the City of Coral Springs proclaimed September 21 as a Day of Peace. Click here to see a video (skip to minute 8).
See pictures from the events below:
Powered by flickr embed.