Seeking Social Media Consultant
Pace e Bene Nonviolence Service (paceebene.org) is a non-profit organization working to foster a just and peaceful world through nonviolence education, community-building, and action. We seek a part-time Social Media Consultant to promote and expand our work on various online platforms – including with our project Campaign Nonviolence that seeks to build a culture of peace and nonviolence free from war, poverty, racism, and environmental destruction and that organizes the annual CNV Week of Actions (this year it takes place September 15-23).
The Social Media Consultant will be responsible for:
- Daily maintenance of the Pace e Bene/Campaign Nonviolence Facebook pages (2+) and groups (1+) and Twitter accounts (2), plus other social media platforms like Instagram.
- Support PeB/CNV programming through social media outreach.
- Responding to all messages, post new content, reply to comments, monitor for trolls and disrespectful users.
- Creating shareable graphics and other content to keep our users engaged. This includes creating content for upcoming Pace e Bene/CNV events, outreach for the CNV Week of Actions that happens every September, general education on nonviolence, resource sharing on nonviolence, and more.
- Providing an extra level of service during the Campaign Nonviolence Week of Actions in September, and surrounding days, to offer support for organizers, news circulation, meme creation, media work, and data gathering.
- Sharing and promoting stories from affiliated peace and nonviolence related activist social networks.
- Communicating to staff on trends, interesting posts, key influencers and organizers we may want to reach out to, questions and problems that arise on our social media networks.
- Provide monthly/annual reports on our social media reach.
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience in successfully organizing through activist social media networks and be familiar with a broad range of activist networks on a variety of issues, both in the United States and abroad.
- Strong knowledge and interest in social media platforms, best practices, measurement tools, as well as current digital trends. Also helpful if they are familiar with Social Oomph or similar pre-programming platforms.
- Strong social media monitoring skills to maintain a safe environment for our users.
- Provide professional online responses and comments and be receptive to feedback.
- Knowledge and commitment to nonviolence.
They must be based in the United States and available for weekly check-ins with the Executive Director via phone or video chat. Ability to work remotely and independently is a must, as well as setting and meeting goals without direct oversight.
This is a part-time, six-month consultant position for 20 hours per week, with possible renewal of contract after serious review. Work hours can be flexible and compensation will be $15/hour with no other benefits or compensation.
If you are interested in being part of our small, dynamic, and growing organization committed to nonviolence and social change, applicants should send the following to email@example.com by April 26, 2018:
- A few paragraphs explaining why you are right for the position including any experience you have in nonviolent movements or organizations and managing social media networks.
- An explanation of your relevant social networks, online and off, including any other organizational accounts you manage.
- If you were to manage our social media, do you have any other specific ideas for strategy to develop and enhance our online presence?
- A resume including past work and organizing experience.
- What is your current commitment toward nonviolence?
- Two references we may talk to about your qualifications.
- Provide relevant contact information, name, address, phone, email and be available for several phone/skype interviews.