In Memphis peace and justice groups, including The Memphis School of Servant Leadership, MIFA, Black Lives Matter Memphis, United Campus Workers, Pax Christi Memphis, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, The Viswayogi Foundation, Latino Memphis, Coalition for Transforming Communities, and Unity Church of Practical Christianity, have come together to take action as part of a larger vision to build a Nonviolent Memphis.
Events will include:
1. Evening with Swamiji, renown Hindu Leader from the Viswayogi Foundation, India. He is known for his vision for unity among faiths and call for peace. Thursday September 14th at 7pm, Freedom’s Chapel, 961 Getwell Rd, Memphis.
2. Peace Labyrinth Walk Led by Swamiji and Various Faith Leaders from Memphis. Saturday, Sept 16th at 11 am, Unity Church of Christian Practicality, 9228 Walnut Grove Rd.
3. Third Annual Interfaith Peace and Justice Vigil at the National Civil Rights Museum on Sunday, September 17th from 3-5pm, where community leaders will speak about their vision and work to create a Nonviolent Memphis and world.
4. The Sound of Peace – Meditation with Music and Mantra with an Opening Talk by Rinpoche, Thursday September 21st from 7-8:30pm at Pema Karpo Meditation Center, 3921 Frayser-Raleigh Rd.
5. Campaign Nonviolence Memphis participants will stand as witness to Nonviolence as a way of life at intersections across the city on Friday, Sept 22nd from 5-6pm.
6. Meditating with the Blue Turtle – a sensory enhanced meditation experience. Music, ocean sounds, and shifting lights used to create a relaxing and peaceful environment on Friday September 22nd, 6-7pm at Pema Karpo Meditaiton Center 3921 Frayser-Raleigh Rd.
7. Drum Circle on Saturday Sept 23rd Details to Follow at www.CNVmemphis.org.
8. Heightened Five Senses Party Saturday 7 -10 PM at Pema Karpo Meditation Center. A Party Mix of Ancient Wisdom Techniques with Modern Stuff. Includes: Music, Conversation, Discussion, Snacks and Fizzy H2O. Could be time and space for some yoga and mindful dancing too. Rinpoche will lead the heightening senses section and discussion.
Get more info at: http://www.cnvmemphis.org/
Get Directions via Google Maps